Are you concerned about hot weather and how it may affect your flowers? While you can’t prevent a drought, there are certain things you can do to help your plants survive with a minimum of stress. You don’t have to go at it alone. BioAdvanced™ Science-Based Solutions uses the power of science to help you keep your flowers growing strong, both during a drought and beyond.
Five Steps To Keeping Roses And Flowers Healthy During A Drought
1. Water efficiently: Water deeply to wet the entire root zone, then let soil partially dry before watering again.
2. Mulch: Apply 2-3 inches of organic mulch to cool soil, reduce evaporation and suppress weeds.
3. Less will be more: Vigorous growth will only result in more water use, which you don’t want during a drought. Fertilize less, prune less and plant less, using flowers only in areas where they have the most visual impact.
4. Use drip irrigation: This technique applies water directly to roots without wasteful runoff or loss to evaporation.
5. Control pests: Insects and diseases can stress plants, further weakening them. Keep your plants healthy! With BioAdvanced All-In-One Rose & Flower Care, no spraying is required – just mix and pour this formula around the base of the plant. Be sure to always read and follow label instructions.
When The Drought Ends, Follow Up With These 6 Steps
1. Keep watering efficiently: Water deeply to wet the entire root zone, then let soil partially dry before watering again.
2. Use drip irrigation: Apply water directly to roots without wasteful runoff or loss to evaporation.
3. Re-mulch if necessary: If mulch is thin, reapply 2-3 inches of organic mulch to cool soil, reduce evaporation and suppress weeds.
4. Fertilize: To keep roses and flowers healthy and blooming, try feeding with new BioAdvanced Rose & Flower Fertilizer If you’d like feeding, insect and disease protection all in one application, apply All-In-One Rose & Flower Care*. It’s effective for up to 6 weeks. Or for feeding and insect control, try 2-In-1 Systemic Rose & Flower Care.
5. Prune: Remove spent flowers and control growth. When plants are dormant in winter, prune to improve health, control size and increase bloom the following season.
6. Continue to control pests: Follow up with another application of BioAdvanced All-In-One Rose & Flower Care to keep pests and diseases** away from your flowers. Applications can be made approximately every 6 weeks, depending on soil type and other factors, so always be sure to read and follow the label instructions.
*Not for sale in NY. Reclassified as restricted use in CT & MD.
**Check label for listed pests and diseases.